We are a new startup that recruits Philippines-based EAs and trains clients to delegate 10x more. Our tagline is “We help you win—work and life”. In other words, we help busy people (CEOs, founders, executives) have more impact on work and life by becoming super delegators. Athena takes care of all the administrative work (contract, tracking, payroll) but clients and EAs have a direct, personal relationship just like they would in person. That means clients and EAs are both responsible for communicating well and building a trusted, positive, long-term relationship.
The successful Executive Assistant will have an exponential impact on both the work and personal lives of his/her client. S/he helps the client work better, live better and be better -- through administrative support and broader project management, inbox and calendar management, contact management, travel arrangements, research, and other ad hoc tasks -- to help the client save time and accomplish more.
Profile of Clients:
Our typical clients are founders of tech companies and startups, senior executives, busy moms, and other people with too much to do and not enough time. Our clients are some of the most successful people in Silicon Valley and our EAs get to support them in having an even bigger impact on the world.
Why Work with Athena?
Be Part of a Supportive Community
Working from home doesn’t have to be lonely. Here at Athena, we have an in-house training team to guide our new EAs, including an assigned EA buddy. Although you’ll be endorsed to a client, it won’t mean you’ll be on your own. You’ll still have the support of our leaders, admin team, training team, and of course, your fellow EAs. You’ll also get to join weekly huddles where we discuss your love-its and surface any challenges you may have. Can’t wait for the weekly huddle? No worries! You can message anyone from Athena or drop them an email anytime!
The Learning Never Stops
Having kick-ass research skills is necessary to be an Athena EA but you can only learn so much from a quick Google search. Want to learn more about the new app your client wants you to learn? Talk to one of our experts! Want to learn a new skill to help your client better? Talk to one of our Playbook Pros! Learned something new? Share your learning and be a mentor to a fellow EA! Here at Athena, we promote self-improvement through sharing of best practices.
We’ve Got Your Back
While some freelancers strike gold on their own by landing long-term contracts with their clients, some are not as fortunate. That’s where Athena comes in. Athena offers a solution to the big issue that all freelancers face: stability. With hundreds of clients on our waitlist, you’ll never have to fear about going without a client for too long! Also, being an Athena EA isn’t limited to taking on client tasks. As an Athena EA, you are also expected to participate in several in-house projects and similar initiatives with Athena. Being paid per hour will never be an issue with Athena as you’ll never be short of work to do!
- Manage client’s business and personal calendars with tact and thoughtfulness
- Manage client’s inbox
- Respond quickly and with good judgment to various inbound requests from client
- Coordinate meetings/events
- Schedule personal appointments
- Execute a wide variety of ad hoc administrative tasks for the client which may include bills payment, travel coordination, and internet research
- See some actual task requests below:
- The client is staying at Ritz Carlton Hotel in Half Moon Bay, CA. Find nearby places to dine and outdoor activities for him to do while in that area.
- Contact a restaurant in Mexico and book it as a wedding venue for December.
- Book a doctor’s appointment.
- Research about wines preferred by women in certain age brackets.
- Track all press mentions of the client’s company.
- Manage client’s contacts (via Contactually and other platforms).
- Create a photo book.
- Send reminders in the morning to the client via WhatsApp regarding his meetings for the day.
- Draft email replies on behalf of the client.
- Preferably with online work-from-home experience; must know his/her way around Google calendars, Google Drive, Docs, Forms and Sheets
- Must be willing to work PH graveyard hours
- Must be able to work at least 30 hours per week
- Able to understand complex problems and comes up with creative solutions
- Has deep emotional, social and relationship intelligence
- Always looks for ways to improve him/herself and his/her work
- Goes the extra mile
- Has great attention to detail
- Is a strong communicator (written and spoken)
- Is dependable
- Is trustworthy
- Is resourceful
- Is humble
Minimum Computer Requirements:
- i5 processor
- 8GB RAM
- OS: Windows 10
IF Mac: 2017 model or above
- Internet speed of at least 5 Mbps
*Note: The system requirements above are non-negotiable.
Perks and Benefits:
- Hourly rate of $4.50 (net) for client-facing tasks + 10% night differential for hours worked between 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
- A rate increase of $0.50 (net) after 6 months of tenure, and annually thereafter
- Being part of an exclusive, high-caliber and supportive community
- Access to playbooks that will help set you up for success in the role
- Monthly HMO subsidy after 6 months of tenure
- Cash bonuses that recognize great performance and contributions to business growth
Key Performance Indicators:
- No. of hours per week that the client requires you to do work: The client leaning on you heavily for support because you’re doing an excellent job
- Quality of work: Doing your tasks with precision
- Efficiency: Accomplishing a lot within a reasonable period of time
- No. of operationalized EA tasks: Proactively helping a client delegate new tasks by testing and implementing EA playbooks
- Trust-based relationship with the client: Building and maintaining a deep and lasting relationship with your client over time
* Quality of work and efficiency will be based on your client’s direct feedback on your performance.
Work Duration & Working Hours:
The goal is for clients to utilize EA services for 30-40 hours per week. Actual hours will depend on the client and the EA’s ability to teach the client to delegate more and more.
- Many clients will initially start with 10-15 hours per week, and it will be the EA’s responsibility to help the client leverage him/her more until the 30- to 40-hour weekly goal is achieved.
- Other clients will be ready to start full blast at 30-40 hours per week from the onset (though this is less likely).
The hours you are required to be online will be dictated by the client’s schedule, but you should expect to have significant, if not full, overlap with the client's schedule (mostly PH graveyard hours).